Ellington School Museum
Typical Iowa school house from 100 years ago. It is as it was, complete with desks, stove, and more. The Ellington School #2 was built in the 1890s and originally stood about 4 miles east of Heritage Park. It was used for grades 1 through 8 until 1956. It was then used for hay storage for over 40 years before being moved to Heritage Park in 2000 and restored by a crew of volunteers over the next two years.
Heritage Park of North Iowa
For individuals and families in the extended Forest City, Iowa area who enjoy learning about history and appreciate an opportunity for hands-on experiences, Heritage Park of North Iowa provides high-quality historical collections, rare displays, diverse exhibits and active demonstrations. For anyone interested in an entertainment or gathering venue, Heritage Park provides a well-maintained and attractive setting to accommodate small and very large crowds.